60% of marketers use video in their marketing and 73% plan on increasing their use of video – according to Social Media Examiner’s 2016 Social Media Marketing Industry Report.
Some key findings of the report include:
- 50% of marketers plan on using live video services such as Facebook Live and Periscope, and 50% want to learn more about live video.
- Facebook and YouTube hold the top spots for future plans: At least 63% of marketers plan on increasing their use of these social networks.
- Snapchat is on a growth trajectory: Only 5% of marketers are using Snapchat, yet 16% plan on increasing their Snapchat activities and 28% of marketers want
to learn more about Snapchat.
- Facebook is the most important social network for marketers by a longshot. When asked to select their most important platform, 55% of marketers chose Facebook, followed by LinkedIn at 18%. Plus, 67% of marketers plan on increasing their Facebook marketing activities.
- Many marketers are unsure about their Facebook marketing: A significant 40% of marketers don’t know if Facebook traffic has declined in the last 12 months and 35% aren’t sure if their Facebook marketing is effective.
- Facebook ads dominate: A surprising 86% of social marketers regularly use Facebook ads, while only 18% use Twitter ads.
- Tactics and engagement are top areas marketers want to master: At least 90% of marketers want to know the most effective social tactics and the best ways to engage their audience with social media.