Though the number of global email users is forecast to reach 2.7 billion in 2016 and over 215 billion emails will be sent and received every day, a recent Yesmail survey revealed that retailers do not always know how to take adventage of this effective channel.
- Nearly a third of retailers indicated that integrating email with other digital channels is a top three email marketing priority for 2016.
- 60% of retailers are integrating email with social media channels like Facebook and Twitter, but just 36% use social media to improve the relevance of their email campaigns.
- 17% of retailers still fail to secure website visitors’ email addresses.
- Almost half of retailers do not collect email addresses via social media or in-store, and over two-thirds of retailers do not collect consumers’ email addresses when they interact with mobile apps.
- 64% of brands do not personalize email copy, and over two-thirds do not use customer data to personalize the products and services featured in an email.
- 10% of brands do not personalize their emails in any way.
- 40% of retailers do not use consumers’ purchase data to make emails more relevant, and 50% do not use demographic data to improve message relevance.
- 22% of brands do not implement welcome campaigns to engage new subscribers, and 43% do not use reactivation campaigns to reengage lapsed or inactive subscribers.
- Of the 39% of retailers not integrating email with social media, twothirds of those currently use both channels, separately.
- While 84% of retailers are sending coupons or other promotions via email, over a third do not allow customers to redeem email-based promo codes by simply scanning the code or entering it at the point of sale.
Leave a Reply