In early October 2022, Gartner published a study showing that marketers use just 42% of the capabilities available in their martech stack overall. Interestingly, this result is a significant decrease from 58% in 2020.
The company asked these marketers for the reasons behind this situation. Here are the three most common answers:
- A significant amount of overlap among marketing technology solutions (30% of answers)
- Difficulties in identifying and recruiting martech talent (28%)
- The complexity of the martech ecosystem (27%)
What can be done about this situation? Gartner provides four possible solutions:
- Martech adoption should be part of team performance objectives.
- Don’t just jump into expensive integrated solutions; look for cheaper, easier alternatives.
- Ensure martech and IT are working together to support and optimize customer journey orchestration.
- Don’t leave martech in the hands of external providers. Instead, pursue in-house capability development.
And what about you? Do you struggle with utilizing your company’s martech potential?
Try iPresso – effectiveness and simplicity guaranteed!